Fresh produce fruits and vegetables have seemingly become a trend, and most stores and seller offer such products. However, choosing the best produce does not end in simply squeezing or smelling the fruits and vegetables.
Here are some things you need to bear in mind in case you intend to deal with a fresh produce wholesaler either for personal or business use.
- Asparagus should be bright green in colour. It should be firm as well.
- When buying bananas, you may want to pick those are still quite green if you think you would not consume them right away. To extend the shelf life of bananas, place them inside the refrigerator.
- Apples should be firm without any soft spots. Green or yellow apples should also look a bit rosy.
- In choosing avocados, they should be soft but not mushy at all. If you think you would not consume them in the next few days, it is best to buy hard avocados and then wait for a few days for them to ripen.
- In buying melons, look for those with a defined ground spot.
- Eggplants should be naturally shiny and smooth. When pressed, the skin should bounce back.
- In purchasing broccoli, check if it is dark green in colour. They should smell sweet as well. If smells like cabbage, it could mean that is overripe.
Some sellers claim that they offer fresh produce, but end up giving consumers overripe or low-quality fruits and vegetables. Bearing in mind the tips above could help you from getting ripped off by wholesalers or retailers that only what to get money from consumers.